ONLYOFFICE DocSpace Sometimes Does Not Reflect the Latest Changes in a Shared Document

I am experiencing one specific issue with ONLYOFFICE DocSpace where a document inside a shared space sometimes does not reflect the latest changes after it has been edited and saved. The document opens normally in DocSpace, and users can make changes to the content without any obvious problem while they are working on it. The problem appears afterward, when the document is closed and opened again or when another user accesses the same document from the DocSpace. Instead of consistently showing the most recently saved version, the document can occasionally display an older version of the content. The changes may have appeared correctly immediately after editing, which makes it seem as though the save operation completed successfully, but a later access to the same document can show information from before the latest editing session. This is not happening with every edit, so I am trying to understand why the latest document state is not always being reflected consistently within the DocSpace environment.

The issue is occurring with documents that are stored and accessed through DocSpace rather than with a separate local copy of the file. The documents are shared within the relevant DocSpace and can be accessed by the users who have permission to work with them. When a user opens the document, makes changes, and finishes editing, I expect the updated version to become the current version that is displayed to subsequent users. In the sessions where the problem occurs, however, another user may open the document and see the previous content instead of the changes that were just made. The original editor may also see the newer version during the current session, which makes it harder to determine whether the updated document has actually been committed as the current DocSpace version or whether the editor is temporarily displaying a local or session-specific state. The main problem I am trying to solve is therefore the inconsistent persistence or visibility of the latest saved document version within DocSpace.

I have tried reproducing the behavior with different editing sessions and by making relatively simple changes that are easy to identify afterward. I have also closed and reopened documents to determine whether the latest version eventually appears, rather than assuming that the first display after editing is definitive. In some cases the newest content is available normally, while in other cases an earlier version appears after reopening the document. I have also tried accessing the same document from a separate session to see whether the behavior is specific to the original editing session, but the inconsistency remains difficult to predict. Because the document itself remains accessible and does not appear to be corrupted, I am focusing on how DocSpace handles the transition from an active editing session to the stored current version of the document. I would like to know whether there is a recommended way to verify that an editing session has completely finished and that the latest version has been committed before another user opens the same file.

One area I am particularly interested in is how DocSpace handles document versioning and synchronization after an editing session ends. If a document is opened by one user, modified, and saved, I would expect the resulting version to become immediately available to other users with access to the same document. I am not sure whether there is an internal synchronization stage between the editor and DocSpace storage that could explain why an older version is temporarily returned. I also want to understand whether simultaneous access to the same document could affect which version is ultimately displayed, especially if another session has the document open around the same time. My goal is not to troubleshoot unrelated permissions or document-format issues, because the specific behavior I am seeing is that a document can be edited successfully but later appear to contain an earlier version. If DocSpace provides logs, version-history information, document status information, or another diagnostic mechanism that can show when a new version was actually committed, that would be very useful for identifying where the newer content stops being reflected.

I am also trying to determine whether there is a recommended configuration or workflow that should be followed when documents need to be edited by multiple users through DocSpace. The users need to be able to trust that once they finish editing a document, the next person opening it will receive the same latest version rather than an earlier state. I have considered whether browser sessions, temporary editor state, or synchronization timing could be involved, but I do not want to assume that the browser is responsible without understanding how DocSpace is expected to handle the document lifecycle. If there are particular settings related to document versioning, collaborative editing, caching, or storage synchronization that should be checked, I would appreciate guidance on which ones are relevant to this specific behavior. I would also like to know whether there is a recommended test that can clearly distinguish between a document that was not saved as a new version and a document whose new version exists but is temporarily not being presented to another user.

Has anyone else encountered a situation in ONLYOFFICE DocSpace where a document can be edited and apparently saved successfully but later displays an older version instead of the latest changes? I would especially appreciate advice on how to diagnose the point at which the latest version stops being reflected, whether through DocSpace logs, version history, editor status information, or another built-in diagnostic method. I can provide the DocSpace version, document type, user-access configuration, and a more detailed sequence of the editing steps if those details would help narrow down the behavior. For now, I am trying to keep the investigation focused on this single issue: the latest changes to a DocSpace document are not consistently reflected when that document is subsequently reopened. I would like to understand whether this is related to document synchronization, version handling, or the transition from the editor back to DocSpace storage, and what the recommended configuration or troubleshooting process would be to make the latest saved version consistently available.